1. When I have the idea fully formed and I can see the words in my mind, but they won't come out on on the page, and the more I reach for them, the further they run.
2. When I can't progress past a certain point in a story.
3. When I've edited a piece so many times, but it's still not right and I hate the story, can't stand the characters, and all the parts I was so proud of sound wrong.
4. When I feel like I've regressed and my writing reads like it's my first time picking up a pen.
5. Getting a rejection or a bad critique.