Saturday, November 22, 2008

Body Temples


I was watching Karen William's comedy special on Logo the other day. Funny woman, by the way. I wish there were more black gay women out and about. But that's a post for another day.

So anyhow, in her act she says (and i'm quoting from memory here) 'They say your body's a temple. But it's not a temple if nobody visits.'

Which got me thinking. As erotica writers, we spend a lot of time in other people's temples (our characters), but do ours get the same kind of treatment? Or even the same quality?

People have a tendency to assume that erotica writers, more than anyone else, write what we do. And so we must be having fabulously kinky sex with dark, handsome strangers in exotic locales. I'm willing to bet for most of us that isn't true.

Still I'm not willing to write off my temple yet. If anybody asks me, temporarily closed pending renovations.

No comments: